Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Scrabulous

My new Internet addiction is Scrabble. I can't control myself. The Facebook app makes it so easy to be playing and checking back on a multiplicity of games all the time. It's insidious. At any given time I'm playing scrabble with three to ten friends, day in, day out. There are worse things to be addicted to, I'm sure, but I've got to tell you, the dreams are starting to get a bit oppressive.

The upshot is that my vocabulary of words of seven or fewer letters has been increasing exponentially.

When I was a kid we played cards and board games all the time. I miss that in my adult life. I wish my sister lived closer so that we could play Canasta all the time like we did when we were
teenagers. Those were the days.

Piece, out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did my rounds of obsessively playing Literati, which is Yahoo's cheap knockoff of Scrabble until I actually got sick of it. Now, I'm not absolutely certain I even spelled "obsessively" right.

I've been a bigger geek, I actually GMed a PBeM campaign of the early '80s SF RPG Universe for a few years '03-'06. You feel like a geek just for knowing what all those initials stand for, right?

Now all of my internet time is monopolized by Flickr, and I'm sure even that will end in a few short months when baby is born.

Brooks said...

I am a total nerd. But not enough of a nerd to recognize "PBeM" Thank God that I at least have that little shred of geeky ignorance. Oh, and btw, my spelling totally sucks... I'm a lot better at Scrabble online when I can spell check.