Friday, July 08, 2005

Blogging a week behind.

It's been a busy week or two. Or three. Or a busy 7 months. Being a dad is really busy. I thought I was extra busy during the pregnancy when my wife was tired and unable to contribute to the housecleaning and stuff as much as usual. But that was nothing. Now I'm really busy. But you know, upon reflection, it's not so much that I'm busier than other times in my life, it's just that now I'm busy and I'm old. I was really busy when I was going to school full time and working 25 hours a week. Somehow I still had time to go to lots of rock shows and everything then. The difference is that I was 25 then and now I'm 35. It's really a big difference. The blogging is cool and I feel like it's a great way to get my thoughts in order, but I'm a slow writer and I'll always be somewhat of a slacker --- it's my generation, right? Anyway, all that aside, let's review some of the highlights of the past week.

#1 Last Friday:
Fun times! It had been a hard week and I was looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Mindy and Gillian picked me up from work and we went down to Capitol Lake to take a walk and get some dinner. The weather was great and the food was excellent. We went to El Guanaco on Water street. I've been there a couple of times before and always been really pleased. It's a Salvadoran menu and the people who run it are really nice. Gillian was being kind of grumpy and only let one of us eat at a time (pretty typical of late actually) and the owners actually offered to hold her so we could eat! And the place is smoke-free! I love it. I had the best fried plantains I've ever had. Sooo good. And the beef tacos were perfection. And the Dos XX was, well, just what I needed after a long week of toil.

Then for the main event. Jenny Jenkins was having a punk rock cake walk at Manium to benefit Ladyfest. Mindy made a cake for it and so we headed down there. Fun stuff. Unfortunately we only got to watch one band 'cause Gillie was getting tired and cranky. We needed to get her home and into bed.

That's all for now. #2 to follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you had the bananas at el guanaco; for the last two years i felt like i was unsuccessfully trying to convince everyone to eat there. those fucking plantains are so fucking good!

p.s. cusses are power!

Brooks said...

mmmmmm.... nannas...