Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm well!

I was sick and now I'm well. And hyper. Being well is such a frickin' relief! I was a pukin' sickie and now I'm a bloggin' homie. I was just going through old bookmarks and found this one which must've been one of Min's but I did it and it's fun. It's a checklist where you check all the states where you've been and it shades them so that you can see.

create your own personalized map of the USA
I did a similar thing when I was a young lad, but I've been to a lot more states now. I don't know why it had to make them all Red States. Ewww... That's pretty annoying. I've been to 44! Some of them hardly count though... Driving through the panhandle of Texas when I was 12... Going to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine when I was under a year old. But strictly speaking, my body has been in 43 states (and DC---I lived there, fer chrissake). And British Columbia. Nyuk, nyuk. Um, And Netherlands, Holland, Italy, Germany and France. All in 2 weeks. Other than that, I haven't been anywhere. I wish I could travel more. Who's got a good travelin' job for me? Not that I want to be away from my sweet baby right now anyway. She's a cutie.

So last entry I said I'd post more... You know... Number two and everything? Okay:

#2 - A week ago Sunday
HIKE!!!
The whole family got out of the house and went on our first hike. Gillian was a slave driver in her jogging stroller. We joked that she was like Cleopatra being pushed around on a little mountain expedition. I was WORKED. The thing is that the trail we went on is a little overgrown and for a good deal of the uphill portion (1000' of ascent in 2 miles) I was having to hold her up on just the front wheel of the three wheel stoller so I was getting a great chest workout in addition to the cardio and leg workout from the climbing. It was great. Lots of fun. This trail is the same one where we saw the Trillium (so kindly identified by Nathan) flower of which I previously posted a picture. There were even cooler flowers this time. Okay, Mr. Smartypants botonist Nathan, what kind of flower is this?It's a weird one eh? I'm thinking maybe it's some kind of orchid? I dunno. I really know nothing about flowers. They look great when you get in with that Macro setting on your cam though, huh?

Anyway... I'm actually starting to feel sleepy, so I should get my beauty rest now. It's midnight and I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin. But first here's another picture from our hike. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jackass, i finally got me some dialup. that is obviously a tiger lily and you are a complete tardhole for not identifying that. OH SNAP.

Brooks said...

tiger lily.

you're so queer.