Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Free Things Are Cool playlist for 9/28/05

So here's another playlist.
My bi-weekly radio show --- Wednesday 9-11PM on KAOS.

(spaces to indicate sets)
(Artist / Song / Album / Label)

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion (my theme)

Alarm Will Sound / 4 / Acoustica: Alarm Will Sound performs Aphex Twin / Cantaloupe
Lambchop / Up With People / split 7" w/ Dump / Third Gear
Weekend / Drum Beat for Baby / b/w Sleepy Theory / Rough Trade
Anne Waldman / Uh-Oh Plutonium! / 7" / Hyacinth Girls
The Melody Unit / Exercise 1 / Songs for the New American Century / themelodyunit.com
Gary Wilson / The Midnight Hour / 7" / self-release
Unnatural Axe / They Saved Hitler's Brain / 7" ep / no label listed
Crispin Hellion Glover / Oak Mot excerpt / The Big Problem does not = the solution. the Solution = Let it Be / Restless

Knitting By Twilight / Audrey / Someone to Break the Silence / It's Twilight Time

Wilma & the Wilbers / Poor Little Joey / 7" / Break'er
Westside Lockers / Fushsia Rayon / 7" / Mr. Brown
Suburban Lawns / Gidget Goes to Hell / 7" / Suburban Industrial
Bay of Pigs / Addiction / 7" / Subterranean
Vibrant Fiasco / Lizard Lips / 7" ep / Disturbed Pyramid
Deerhoof / Spirit Ditties of No Tone / the Runners Four / 5 Rue Christine
Trans X / Monkey Dance / Living On Video / ATCO
Jandek / Come Over Here / This Narrow Road / Corwood
S.Weisser / contexts / 7" / Subterranean

The Fingers of Doom / Yellows / 7" / Tombstone
Quintron & Miss Pussycat / Chatterbox / s/t / tigerbeat6
Viva Satellite / Episode d'ammour Matinee / 7" ep / Happy Go Lucky
Sharkbait / P.H.L.A. (psychedelic human liberation army) / 7" / Primtech
Benedict Gehlen / Song for a girl I like / s/t cassette / self release
Denny Ward / When I Get Home / 7" / Needles and Pins
Calvin Johnson / The Leaves of Tea / Before the Dream Faded / k
The Rocking Clones / (love in the) Twilight Zone / 7" / Edible
Jr. Chemists / Bizzy Worms / Arizona Disease split 7" w/ Les Seldoms / Subterranean
Monitor / Beak / 7" / World Imitation
Reesa / Groove City / 7" / Reesa
Big Tom the Lithuanian / Labor Day 2 / CD single / self-release

Ozel Turkbas / Fasulya / How to Make Your Husband A Sultan / Traditional Crossroads
Crayon / Snap-tight Wars / 7" / Harriet

Broadcast / America's Boy / Tender Buttons / WARP

Rena & Her Men / This is Goodbye / b/w Call Me / Rena Records

~fin~

Obviously somewhat of a theme show, but only 'cause I got caught up when I was going through the old 45s. I've still got a lot that I didn't get to that I'm saving for next time.

I asked for help over the air with playlist keeping and I got a taker! Wha-hoo! Richard is gonna come in and be the official playlist monkey when I do the show again in 2 weeks! That's awesome! Thanks Richard! Leah was maybe gonna do it tonght, but it turned out that she couldn't. I'm always looking for volunteers if you're interested. I just can't keep up with all the transcription when I play so many short songs. Write me if you're interested.

Goodnight all. I'm goin' home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

meow! tb6 <3

Brooks said...

No kitty! That's a bad kitty!

jk

Anonymous said...

My fucking Gawd! You get interns to do your playlists for you now? You really are a living legend aren't you?

By the way, my "verification word" is "yuxhom", which I would really like to use in a sentence someday!

Brooks said...

Braniff - Believe it!

btw "pimog" was my word.

Anonymous said...

I saw a yuxom pimod just the other day! I was going to go up and say something smooth, but unfortunately I had a bad haxuf.

Brooks said...

Well if you do see her, let her know that I still have her ycncqxx and that I haven't forgotten.