Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Free Things Are Cool Playlist for 1/4/06

My bi-weekly radio show --- Wednesday 9-11PM on KAOS.

(spaces to indicate sets)
(Artist / Song / Album / Label)

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion (my theme)

JANDEK / What Else is There? / When I took that train / Corwood
Supersystem / Born Into the World / Always Never Again / Touch n Go
Low / Just Stand Back / The Great Destroyer / Sub Pop
Sloan / Try to Make it / A Sides Win: Singles 1992-2005 / KOCH
Hopewell & the Birds of Appetite / Kings & Queens / s/t / Rubric

James Newton Howard / It's in the subtext / King Kong Original Motion Picture Soundtrack / Decca (behind my voice)

The Mountain Goats / This Year / The Sunset Tree / 4AD
Gogol Bordello / Illumination / Gypsy Punks / Side One Dummy
The Starkweathers / Burn the Flag / For A Decade of Sin: 11 Years of... / Bloodshot
The Detroit Cobras / Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand / Baby / Bloodshot
Messerchups / Sex Euro And Evils Pop / Crazy Price / Ipecac
Dungen / gjort bort sig / ta det lugnt / Kemado
Clouds / No You Can't Take Them / mp3 / The Internet

Patrick Doyle & Maggie Rodford / Golden Egg / Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire / Warner (behind my voice)

Great Lake Swimmers / When it Flows / Bodies and Minds / MISRA

Ennio Morricone / Corsa Sui Tetti / Crime and Dissonance / Ipecac (behind my voice)

Negativland / The Perfect Cut (Rooty Poops) / Helter Stupid / Seeland
Negativland / Favorite Things / No Business / Seeland
rx / Imagine-Walk on the Wild Side / mp3 / www.partyparty.com
Daft Punk / Technologic / Human After All / Virgin
Beck / Que Onda Guero / Guero / Interscope
Broadcast / Goodbye Girls / Tender Buttons / WARP
Delta 5 / Mind Your Own Business / GRLZ: women ahead of their time / Crippled Dick Hot Wax
Gang of Four / At Home He's A Tourist / Entertainment! / Rhino

Triptych Myth / Robinia Pseudoacacia / The Beautiful / AUM Fidelity (behind my voice)

Styrofoam & Sarah Shannon / I Found Love / The Free Design: The Now Sound Redesigned / Light In The Attic
Petra Haden / Sunrise / Petra Haden Sings The Who Sell Out / Bar/None
Azalia Snail / Alcazar / Avec Amour / A True Classical CD

(smog) / Running the Loping / A River Ain't Too Much to Love / Drag City
The Mountain Goats / Have Thou Considered the Tetrapod / The Sunset Tree / 4AD
Low / Walk Into the Sea / The Great Destroyer / Sub Pop

~fin~

So, this was my "best of 2005" show. Best is such a funny term. There's no way that I could say that anything is the best when I haven't even listened to a percent of a percent of percent of the music that people made in a given year. All I know, is that these song represent some of my favorites of the past year. There were several that I really loved that just didn't make it in 'cause of time constraints, Edith Frost, most noteably. Anyway. It's late. I need to post this and go home to my cozy bed.

Rock on my compadres.

No comments: