Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Chronic "what" cles of Narnia

by Andrew Adamson

So I went to see NARNIA on Monday night and it wasn’t a total waste, but I sure was disapointed. I loved the books as a child and read them multiple times, but I haven’t read them in more than 20 years, so my memory of specifics is pretty vague, but the movie seemed to project a different milieu in general. The character development was great in the first half of the movie, but then everything started feeling rushed and ridiculous and by the end of the movie the cheese had weighed down the whole thing. I’m sure that the movie will be a lot of fun for 10 year olds, but I’d just rather that they read the book anyway … that way they could as least imagine that there was blood involved when Peter ran the wolf through with his sword.


Anyway, the SNL Sanberg and Parnell version is highly superior.

Sheeesh…

No comments: