Monday, February 20, 2006

Hello friends,

I've been a bad blogger.
Again.
Such is my bloggy existence.
No excuses.

You may have noticed that there wasn't a playlist up for this past week. No, I didn't flake even that. I showed up to the radio station at 7 like I always do to prepare for my show at 9 and found that my show had been pre-emptied for The Homelessness Marathon. That's all fine and everything, but no one from the station had contacted me to let me know. I would've appreciated some warning. I'd have shown up at 9 instead of 7 since I just had to sit there and push buttons for a couple of hours instead of doing an actual show. So I didn't get to have dinner with my family and had to be at the station for 4 hours instead of 2. Lame. And I'm totally jonesin' to do a show. My subconscious keeps thinking I've got a show coming up, 'cause I keep thinking "oh, I've got to play this tomorrow! I'm a fucking addict when it comes to DJing. It's my only creative outlet anymore.

This past weekend was fun but gruling. I got to be Mr. Home improvement guy. I swapped out my leaky old water heater for a new one on Saturday and removed the toilet and sink from my bathroom in order to pull up the linoleum on Sunday. We're going to tile the bathroom and it's gonna look really nice when it's done (I hope.)

Gillian was quite a good little helper. She had watched mommy and daddy scraping the paper and glue backing off the floor with putty knives and later decided that she should do the same. I really wanted to get a picture of her "scraping" (really more tapping) the floor with the putty knife. It was so cute. She's a doll.

Speaking of the family, they should be home any minute, so I need to wrap this entry up so that I can play with my baby for a few minutes before she has to go to bed.


2 comments:

Jesus Toast said...

That pic is adorable. I still can't believe they allow a "Homless Marathon" to be held. Do they get a house if they win the race? Or is it a race for booze? It seems a bit shady if you ask me...

Brooks said...

Yeah. She got hit with the cutie-pie stick.

I'd like to think of a bunch of old drunks sitting on your donated couch of yore listening to the homeless marathon on a silver transistor radio and placing bets as to the outcome. Motor City Madness. Yeah. Like that.