Sunday, October 09, 2005

This Evening's Entry

Dear Diary,

So. I’ve got this desire to blog. I really think about blogging all the time, but for some reason, it’s rare that I actually sit down and just do it. So here we are. Tonight I’m gonna blog ya, tonight.

I’ve been coming to my in-laws house for the occasional overnight stay for a very long time, a lot longer than I’ve actually been a married person. My wife and I were together (mostly) for ten years before we were married in 2001. But now that we have Gillian, I’m finding myself here in lovely Allyn, WA a whole lot more than usual. I’m often really bored when I’m here since I’m separated from my stuff. How can I keep myself busy doing projects when I’m not home, right? Wrong. I just realized today that I can totally blog! Like, ohmygod! Totally!

Well, that was a valiant effort. The first two paragraphs were written three hours ago! The main reason that I don’t blog is because I’m busy being a dad. Between dinner, diaper changes and being Gillian’s court jester, my evening was full. Oh, and Sonal (Mindy’s sister) gave me a trim. This having short hair stuff is for the birds. I used to get annual haircuts. Now it’s like two in less than a month. Good thing there’s a beautician in the family.

I’m gonna watch the rest of Kung Fu Hustle which I started watching the other night and see if it gets any better. It’s been kind of irritating so far. I’ll let you know.

This is the point where I would upload this text to blogger if this house had wireless Internet, but no. The parental units have Direct TV and an enormous big screen but just dial up when it comes to Internet. Gillian’s sleeping in the room with the base for this laptop so I guess I’ll upload it in the morning.

I love you all, each and every one of you. God bless.

No comments: