Saturday, June 25, 2005

A flower.

Mindy and I went on a hike last year on the day that we found out that she was pregnant. Now we've got a six month old girl. I took this picture on the hike. I love the way that the pollen has spilled out onto the leaves.

I haven't much time for hikes this year. Having a baby changes everything. When she gets to be a big bigger we're gonna go on lots of hikes, though. She loves being outdoors. We call her our "little nature girl." We were sitting down at the lake last night and she was having so much fun watching the birds swoop around and eat the bugs. I let her pick some grass and she was so cute holding it up and looking at the seeds... Of course, she tried to eat it and I had to put the kabosh on, but it was fun while it lasted.

4 comments:

Domenica said...

Hi Brooks!! I have a blog but I haven't written anything in it in awhile because I figured no one was reading. However, I shouldn't concern myself with that. When I write in it again I'll write about Quintron. It is all about boys I like.

Anonymous said...

I take this entry as your way of "coming out." Congradulations, girlfriend!

Brooks said...

Just for you, Shanon.

Anonymous said...

those flowers are perfect. and they're known as "trillium", or at least that's what my mom told me, when i was a kid.

also, the story went that if you picked one of them, it's wouldn't bloom again for seven years.

i totally believed that when i was younger. i even still believe it, a little.