Wednesday, June 22, 2005

So, I've got a radio show

Did I mention that I've been doing a radio show on KAOS for upwards of 12 years? Well, I have. And I did a show tonight. I just finished, as a matter of fact. While I wait for my CDs to burn, I figure I'll type out the playlist for your perusal. You're like, "Oh, no! Not another playlist blog!" And I'm like, "Yeah, another geeky music blogger... That's me."

Artist / Song / Album / Label

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion
(my theme song)

Deerhoof / Hot Mint Air Balloon / Green Cosmos / Menlo Park
Damien Jurado / Fuel / On My Way to Absence / Secretly Canadian
Jandek / What Do You Want to Sing / Follow Your Footsteps / Corwood
Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice / Return of the Nose / XIAO / Troubleman Unlimited
Gastr del Sol / Parenthetically / crookt, Crackt, or Fly / Drag City
hollAnd / Soft Limit / mil (cd ep) / Darla
Lali Puna remixed by flowchart / Fast Forward / I Thought I Was Over That / Morr

William Parker Quartet - Poem for June Jordan - Sound Unity - AUM Fidelity
(behind my voice)

The True Boys / Moonlight Water / s/t / Disgruntled
Hopewell / Sugar in the Honey / ...& the Birds of Appetite / Rubric
Gang Gang Dance / track#5 / God's Money / The Social Registry
Just Plain Bill / It's All Too Much / Kalama Tea / self release
OCS / The Pool / 3 & 4 / Narnack
APSE / Balat / s/t / Acuarela
Thomas Patrick Maguire / Christian Love / Pissing Streams / Luv-a-Lot

Matthew Smith / Symphony 8; 3rd movement / Archaic / Innova
(behind my voice)

Magnolia Electric Co. / Hammer Down / What Comes After the Blues / Secretly Canadian
Pyramids on Mars / Tarama / Lines / Pyramid Ltd.
Poi Dog Pondering / Collarbone / the Best of Poi...(The Austin Years) / Columbia
Massive Attack / Collar Stays On / Danny the Dog soundtrack / Virgin
Subtitle / Organichemico / Young Dangerous Heart / Gold Standard Labs
Ed Shepp / Dance of the Sugarplum Beepner / FIVE / self-release
By the End of Tonight / 7:30 Easter Morning / A Tribute to Tigers / Temporary Residence
The Slits / Newtown / Cut / Island

Blowhole / some of side B / A Love Extreme / Zabriski Point
(behind my voice)

Arrington de Dionyso & Thollum McDonas / Conjunction / Saturn Returns / Pine Cone Alley
Anaphylaxis / Tomie / Noise for Lovers / Parasomnic
Marissa Nadler / Old Love Haunts Me in the Morning / The Safa of Mayflower May / Eclipse
Icky Boyfriends / Our Love Song / A Love Obscene / Menlo Park
Annelies Monsere / Midnight / Helden / BlueSanct
Fred Lonberg-Holm Trio / Arnold Layne / Other Valentines / Atavistic

Fast Asleep Club / Wary Line / Property is Theft (V/A) / propertyistheft.com

It would be good practice for me to type this shit out every time, huh? I never do. Anyone want a data entry project? I've got hundreds of pages of playlists I'd like to have digitized for posterity. Anyway... I'm gonna go home to my beautiful family now. I miss my cutie-pie little baby girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everybody's been listening to the slits, recently. did i miss a reissue or something?

by the way, have you ever listened to "shoplifting"? they're a band on KRS, and they sound a lot like the slits, minus the jamaican influences. their first EP on KRS is greatness; unforutnately, it doesn't match up to their live show.