Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Rainbow Connection

This was our lovely view from the house the other day, all rainbows and gentle mists. I love the way the air looks when it's like that out. It's magical. It makes me feel as though I'm in Narnia or something.

BTW... I saw the preview for The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe the other day and it looks so fun. I read all of those books to death when I was a pre-teen and I can't wait to see the movie. Something about it troubles me sometimes, though. I don't want Gillian (my daughter) to be deprived of the joy of reading them and using her imagination to visualize the characters. I mean, ever since the LOTR movies came out, I can't even remember how I had imagined the characters and locations. I totally see Sean Astin when I think of Sam. Admitedly the casting and scouting and sfx were superb so that might be part of it... Anyway... I can't wait to read books like that to her. I loved it when my mom read them to my sister and me.

The blog is coming along. I'm still learning, but it seems to be getting better. Format-wise if not content-wise. I'm off to sleep.

No comments: