Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Free Things Are Cool 8/3/05

I really need to blog about my vacation (it's over) but at the very least I'll post my playlist like a good boy.

Artist / Song / Album / Label

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion

People like Us / My Son Jim / Recyclopaedia Britannica / Mess Media
Fetchin' Bones / Chicken Truck / Galaxy 500 / Capitol
Richard Hell and the Voidoids / Lowest Common Dominator / Spurts: The R.H. Story / Rhino
Amps for Christ and Two Ambiguous Figures / Enids Jig / s/t / Shrimper
Negativland / Car Bomb / Escape From Noise / SST
Beck / Fax Machine Anthem (Hell Yes remix by Dizzee Rascal) / Remix EP#1 / Interscope
Bob Cargile / Buckin' / Buckin' / Dub

Hubert Laws Group / Something to Feel Good / A Hero Aint Nothin' But a Sandwich (soundtrack) / Columbia (behind my voice)

Bonny Billy / A Dream of the Sea / More Revery / Temporary Residence
Dogbowl & Kramer / When the sun goes down / Hot Day in Waco / Shimmy-Disc
Colwells / Design for Dedication / Up With People! / Pace
Thor / Thor Against the World / Thor Against the World / Smog Veil
Four Tet / Turtle Turtle Up / Everything Ecstatic / Domino
Champion Jack Dupree / Clog Dance / Asch Recordings 1939-45 Vol. 2 / ASCH
Syd Barrett / Birdie Hop / Opel / Capitol
Old Time Relijun / Cha Cha / Cha Cha Caberet / K

Heldon / Virgin Swedish Blues-Psylocybine / IV / Aural Explorer (behind my voice)

Of Montreal / Mimi Merlot / Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies / Kindercore
Mountain Goats / There Will Be No Divorce / The Coroner's Gambit / Absolutely Kosher
Drekka / Fracture / Take Care to Fall / Blue Sanct
Jim O'Rourke / Please Paronize our Sponsors / Eureka / Drag City
Sergio Mendes / Samba de Una Nota-La Pulga Espanola / s/t / A&M
Pajo / Ten More Days / Pajo / Drag City
Daddy Hotcakes / Hawaiian Dream Blues / The Blues in St. Louis / Folkways
Dungen / Om de vore en vakthund / ta det lugnt / Kemado
Jad Fair and Jason Willett / Invisible Ray / Enjoyable Songs / Alternative Tentacles
Kraftwerk / Nachrichten / Radio-Aktivitat / EMI
Hopewell / God is Near (a diamond suture) / Hopewell and the Birds of Apetite / Rubric
Al Larson / Real Moonlight / The Hardline According to Danny & the Dinosaur / Property is Theft
Cat Power / Wild is the Wind / The Covers Record / Matador

Lali Puna / Left Handed Dub / I Thought I Was Over That / Morr
Arthur Doyle / Chemistry of Happiness / The Songwriter / Ecstatic Peace

~fin~

I go home and sleep now. More stuff in a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amps For Christ was probably the best band i saw at Yeah Fest last august. i wish i could see them again.

i also wish i was at that k-recs camp out in rochester; al larsen is moving to nyc and it's probably the last chance i'd have to see him. but i'm just not fey enough for the rest of the k-kids.

Brooks said...

Man, I've never gotten to see them and I've been a fan for like, 10 years. Amps for Christ rock my world.

Domenica said...

It would be kind of fun to go to that camp, but only if I was definately bored. But then, it could be quite nice, I do have a tiny bit of "hippy" in me after all, like .07%. I don't know if that is the right figure, but I mean 7% of 1.