Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Free Things Are Cool Playlist 8/31/05

The Robert Moog memorial show.

artist / song / album / label

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion
Wendy (Walter) Carlos / 2 part invention in d minor / Switched On Bach / East Side Digital

The Cars / Moving in Stereo / Just What I Needed / Elektra
Helios Creed / Flying Through the Either-Ub the Wall / Lactating Purple / Am-Rep
Gary Numan Tubeway Army / I Nearly Married a Human / Double Peel Sessions / Strange Fruit

Bruce Haack & Esther Nelson / OK Robot / Listen, Compute, Rock Home / Emperor Norton
Kraftwerk / Atherwellen / Radio-Aktivitat / EMI
Robyn Hitchcock / Messages of Dark / Eaten By Her Own Dinner 12" / Midnight Music
Donna Summer / I Feel Love / The Disco Box / Rhino
Broadcast / We've Got Time / Work and Non-Work / Drag City
Wendy Carlos / Prelude & Fugue #2 in C minor / Switched on Bach / East Side Digital
Men Without Hats / Moonbeam / Pop Goes the World / Mercury

Lipps, Inc. / Funkytown / The Disco Box / Rhino
Mocket / Flyspeck / ProForma / Kill Rock Stars
Dead Air Fresheners / Fear is Nature's Warning Plan to Get Busy / I Try to Show My Love / Plastic Duck
Hawkwind / Sonic Attack / Space Ritual / United Artists
The Vocokesh / 12 Monkeys / Through the Smoke / Strange Attractors Audio House
Jessamine / Oscillations / Another Fictionalized History / Histrionic
Hawkwind / Electronic Vol. 1 Pt. 1 / Space Ritual / United Artists
Wesley Willis / Chuckie / Greatest Hits Vol 3 / Alternative Tentacles
April March / Keep in Touch / Chrominance Decoder / Ideal
Enoch Light & The Light Brigade / Walk On By / Spaced Out / Total Sound
Juana Molina / Tres Cosas / Tres Cosas / Domino
Hawkwind / Electronic Vol. 1 Pt. 2 / Space Ritual / United Artists
Satisfact / Alawat / The Third Meeting At The Third Counter / K

Thor / The Coming of Thor / Thor Against the World / Smog Veil
Witchy Poo / Olympia Must Die / Public Works / 5 Rue Christine

Mountain Goats / Song for Tura Satana / Zopilote Machine / 3 Beads of Sweat
~fin~

So the theme was Moog or Moog influenced songs...
I used my Rouge Moog for backing "music" between songs when I was back-announcing. I love that thing. Makes me so happy. Just what I wanted and didn't know it when I was 10 or something. Exactly what I wished my 200 in 1 Electronics Kit would do. Now if I can just get the bomb that I could never make with my chemistry set when I was that same age...

Anyway...It went over pretty well, I think. What did you think?

Hmmm... Time to go to sleep. Thanks to all the listeners.

No comments: