Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday in the Park

What a nice morning we've had! Mindy had a gift certificate for a massage that she hadn't used and today was the day.

Gillian and I took the time as an opportunity to run around Capitol Lake. It was hot but there was a nice breeze and the sun was pretty much directly overhead so I was able to keep Gillie in the shade of the jogging stroller's canopy, so she looked pretty comfortable. She's just so content in her stroller watching the trees and water. What a cutie. We generally start our run at the Tumwater Historical Park and run under I-5, along the trail to the old interpretive center and then along the parkway to Marathon Park. From Marathon Park we run around the lower lake and through Heritage Park, sometimes stopping at the fountain to watch the "big kids" playing in the water. She thinks that's pretty weird; I've gotta tell you. The loop goes back around to Marathon Park and then it's on back up the parkway to Tumwater Hitorical Park. Today we lost one of Gillie's toys so we doubled back, but someone must've absconded with it 'cause it was nowhere to be found. I think that's the first toy that she's lost. I'm sure there will be many more. It was a beautiful day. Hot, but otherwise perfect.

After the run with met up with mommy and took a walk down to the Olympia Farmer's Market. Got some yummy German brats and watched some jazz while we were there. It was nice. I feel so freaking old sometimes. Oh, well... I'm a dad. I love it.

We stopped at Safeway on the way home and I waited in the truck with the sleeping baby reading my daddy book. (The New Father---I always just call it my daddy book) Anyway, now we're home and thinking about taking Gillian down to the lake (Offut Lake) to splash around. Sounds like fun!

Off we go!

No comments: