Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Free Thing Are Cool Playlist for 11/23/05

Fuck a goddamn duck.

I just erased my whole entry just before posting it.
Well... gotta start over... here goes...
At least I don't have to work tomorrow morning, right?

My bi-weekly radio show --- Wednesday 9-11PM on KAOS.

(spaces to indicate sets)
(Artist / Song / Album / Label)

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion (my theme)

Edith Frost / If it Weren't For the Words / It's A Game / Drag City
Bright / Secret Form of Time / Bells Break Their Towers / Strange Attractors
Valentine Dyall & Tim Souster / The Answer / The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy / Hannibal
Kate Bush / An Architect's Dream / Arial / Columbia
Death By Chocolate / The Salvidor Dali Murder Mystery / s/t / Jetset
Dungen / Stadsvandringar / Stadsvandringar / Astralwerks
Peace Orchestra (Peter Kruder) / Shining / s/t / G-Stone

Esquivel / Surfboard / Space-age Bachelor Pad Music / Bar/None

Ennio Morricone / Ricreazione Divertita / Crime and Dissonance / Ipecac
Bobby Conn / Winners / The Golden Age / Thrill Jockey
Carla Bley & Nick Mason / Can't Get My Motor to Start / Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports / CBS
Blackouts / Young Man / History in Reverse / K
The Detroit Cobras / Cha Cha Twist / Baby / Bloodshot
Johnny Keeting / Jesus Christ Superstar / The Sound Gallery (v/a) / Scamp

Great Lake Swimmers / Imaginary Bars / Bodies and Minds / MISRA
Bettie Serveert / The Ocean, My Floor / Log22 / A Hidden Agenda!
The Renderers / Outer Mongolia / The Surface of Jupiter / AJAX
Richard Buckner & Jon Langford / Rolling of the Eyes / Sir Dark Invader vs. The Fanglord / Burried Treasure
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy / May it Always Be / Summer in the Southeast / Sea Note
Supersystem / Devour Delight / Always Never Again / Touch-n-Go

Mizar / Electric Storm / The King of the Stars / self-release
Olivia Tremor Control / A New Day / Black Foliage: Vol. 1 / Flydaddy
Azalia Snail / Alcazar / Avec Amour / A True Classical c.d.
The Yahoos / Love Train / For A Decade of Sin: 11 Years of... / Bloodshot

Negativland / Piece a Pie / No Business / Seeland

~fin~

It was a good show! Transistions were smooth in the main and I even had some of the sets planned out ahead of time. It was nice to hear from a few friends on the phone. Thanks for listening.

Thanks to Diane for hangin' out with me while Chuck was preparing for his slot. Diane is also responsible for requesting Piece a Pie. She was howling with laughter... She'd only heard it once before. Funny shit, mang.

Well, I should go. I need to drive 50 minutes north to the inlaws house... a strange bed awaits.

goodnight

2 comments:

Domenica said...

Brooks,

That is so weird you played that Bobby Conn song because I played a song from the album The Golden Age last night!! Kooky!! And Mizar too!

Brooks said...

So I said on my show that I thought that Nick Mason's Fititious Sports wasn't available on CD. Turns out that I was wrong. CBS Special Products. Sony never misses a chance to make a buck. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway... I think it's a great album and very of-the-time 1981. Horns were so prevalent and not in a bad way like in the mid 70s.

"Ghastly mellow saxophones all over the place." - Robyn Hitchcock from 1974 (the song, not the year.)