Monday, November 07, 2005

The Toast (inspired) Post

Toast reminded me that I have a blog. I must post. What must I post? I dunno.

It's been a nice week... Lots of nice family time over the weekend. I'm just kind of stressed about money and the overwhelming lack of free time that is my life. But it's weird. I had all kinds of "free time" while driving all around western Washington this weekend but you can't really do much on the road. I don't want to sound like a whiner, (though I am) but everything just seems so fucking hard today. Go away Monday, go away!

Anyway... Tomorrow is a new day and I've got my radio show on Wednesday night. That should be fun. I was going to try to get together some sets of music in advance on my computer at home so that I'm not so frantic when I'm actually at the show, but I find that: (1) I have no fucking free time and (2) I feel like a painter without an easel when I don't have a stack of CD's and a big broadcast mixer. Freeform radio is easy and natural to me. Anyway... I guess if I had all my music in the computer and didn't have to digitize everything just to put it together it'd be less daunting too.

I remember the good ol' days of making mixed tapes when I was 19 or 20... It was so all consuming. I don't have a 5 hour block of time to devote to a mix tape anymore. It's sad. I used to make a new mixed tape for myself every xmas consisting of all my favorite stuff that I'd been listening to for the past year. Now that seems like an unbelievable amount of work to put into something that doesn't bring in money or fix my house or car or bump-a-dump-bump-a-dee-doo-da, etc...

Blah freakin' blah.

I love you all. Thanks for reading. We'll return to our regularly scheduled efervescent self soon. Stay tuned. After these annoying messages.

~B~

No comments: