Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bruce Martin 1943-2006


Dad sitting on Boat
Originally uploaded by mayoknave.
My father died this past weekend. We were very close and I'm really broken up about it. I'm flying to Florida tomorrow to settle stuff and to be with my sister.

I just don't know what I'm going to do. He always had the best advice on a whole range of subjects. What am I going to do the next time I'm trying to fix my car? I always called him for guidance.

I can't believe that he's not going to be picking me up from the airport when I arrive in Orlando. It's going to be so weird. I'm going to miss my wife and child terribly. I haven't gone five days without Gillian since she was born.

I'm so sad that Gillie isn't going to get to know her grandfather. He was so funny and good with kids. Luckily, her Grandpa Neil is still around to pal around with her.

Ugh.

There will be a memorial this weekend in Orlando and a burial/memorial in Copper Harbor, Michigan in late July.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love you dear. Be strong.

Jesus Toast said...

holy fucking shit dude I am so sorry...

Brooks said...

Thanks you guys.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I had no idea. My dad died March 20th, 2006, just a few weeks before your dad. Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. Guess that's one of the sucky things about getting older.