Thursday, April 13, 2006

Free Things Are Cool Playlist for 4/12/06

My bi-weekly radio show
(breaks indicate sets)
artist / song / album / label

The Double U / Mazurkle / Absurd Fjord / Communion

Sean Landers / The Man Within / mp3 / The Internet
Diamond Fist Werny / Sun / 7" / Igloo
Mudhoney / Where is the Future? / Under a Billion Suns / Sub Pop
Nikki Sudden / Ringing On My Train / 7" / Rough Trade
Phono-Comb / Here Come the Warm Jets / Fresh Gasoline / Quarterstick

Sufjan Stevens / Variation on 'Commemorative Transfiguration & Communion at Magruder Park' / I Am the Resurrection: A Tribute to John Fahey / Vanguard
Copernicus / From Bacteria / Victim of the Sky / Nevermore
F/i / Hit the Kill Switch, Eugene / A Question For the Somniambulist / Strange Attractors Audio House
Aerial M / Wedding Song (Tied & Tickled Trio remix) / Post Global Music / Drag City
Eugene Chadbourne / There'll Be No Tears Tonight / There'll Be No Tears Tonight / Parachute
Mecca Normal / To Avoid Pain / The Observer / Kill Rock Stars

Chicago Underground Duo / Pangea / In Praise of Shadows / Thrill Jockey
(behind my voice)

Johnny Cash / Softly and Tenderly / My Mother's Hymn Book / American
Alvaro and Toshiyuki Hiraoka / Men Don't Cry, They Sing / 7" / Hard Disc
John Cale / Lie Still, Sleep Becalmed / Fragments of A Rainy Season / Hannibal
Robyn Hitchcock / Agony of Pleasure / Eye / Twin Tone
Harry Dean Stanton / You Don't Miss Your Water / 7" / RxRemedy
Built to Spill / Just A Habit / You in Reverse / Warner

Sufi Mind Game / Sufi Mind Rave / 7" / Stomach Ache
(behind my voice)

Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs / Different Drum / Under the Covers Vol. 1 / Shout Factory
Stephin Merritt / It's Hard to be the Emperor / Showtunes / Nonesuch
The Magnetic Fields / Old Orchard Beach / 7" / Harriet
See Saw / Jeff Koons Three-Way / everyone knows this is not hot (7"ep) / Simple Machines
The Red Crayola / Stink Program / 7" / Drag City
Devotchka / Venus in Furs / Curse Your Little Heart / Ace Fu
Refect Refect / Shadow / What's Your Defect? (7" ep) / Kill Rock Stars
Virtual Radio / Cone of Silence / Triple-Dog-Dare / self-release
Chandra / Opposite / Transportation / Go Go
Dos / Taking Away the Fire / s/t / New Alliance

Brian Eno-David Byrne / Solo Guitar w/ Tin Foil / My Life in the Bush of Ghosts (reissue) / Nonesuch (behind my voice)

The Carter Family / When I'm Gone / Worried Man Blues / Rounder

And that was, as they say, that. I'm gonna go home and drop it like its hot.

4 comments:

Pud said...

Nice!

Domenica said...

The show was great, but you knew how I felt about it.

Richard said...

Hell, ya know I didn't want to listen to the radio last night but i made the mistake of turning on your show and could fricken turn it off. Why can't you just play something boring now and then so I can feel good about tuning out, I mean I do have other things to do!

:}

wish you all the Best, Brooks.

Brooks said...

Thanks everybody. That means a lot to me.